Bourbon Brown Sugar Baked Bacon
- 1 pound good lean bacon
- 1 jigger bourbon whiskey
- Brown Sugar
- Black Pepper Grinder
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
- Cover large cookie sheet with aluminum foil
- Place bacon strips on cookie sheet
- Cook for about 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and turn bacon strips
- brush bacon with bourbon
- Grind fresh black pepper all over the bacon
- Sprinkle all bacon very lightly with brown sugar
- Return bacon to oven for another 10 -12 minutes
- Watch very closely as all ovens are different and everyone likes a different amount of crispness
- remove from oven and allow to cool when desired crispness is achieved
- Variations are limitless but here are a couple
- Leave the brown sugar off and have cracked black pepper only.
- Another is to mix 2 tablespoons of honey with a teaspoon of bourbon whiskey and brush over bacon with a pastry brush after you turn it.
- Make it your own and use your imagination.