Bourbon Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha hot chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon good bourbon whiskey
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 onion thinly sliced vertically
- 2 tablespoons butter plus more for bread
- 4 slices good artisan bread ( I use Pane Turano Italian Bread from Aldi.)
- 8 slices mild cheddar cheese sandwich slices
- 8 slices baked brown sugar bacon (recipe posted under recipes on this site)
- Place 2 tbs butter in skillet til melted. Add sliced onion and cook til tender and light golden brown and set aside
- Mix mayonnaise, bourbon, sriracha sauce, garlic powder and parsley flakes together in small bowl and set aside.
- Butter outside only of each slice of bread
- Spread mayonnaise mixture on inside of each slice of bread
- Place two slices of cheddar cheese on each slice of bread
- place four strips of brown sugar bacon on each of two slices of bread
- Add half the onions on top of bacon and top with other two slices of bread which also have cheddar slices on them.
- Place sandwiches in heavy cast iron skillet if you have one. If not just use non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook until golden brown and carefully flip each sandwich to other side being careful to hold sandwiches together as you turn. Cook second side til golden brown. Make sure all cheese is melted. If you use the wide slices of Italian bread two sandwiches serves four. Serve with a nice bowl of soup or salad or both if you're hungry.