Bean Squash soup
- 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil (or olive oil)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 medium sized zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces)
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté the chopped onion in 1 tablespoon of grapeseed or olive oil over medium high heat until translucent, about 8 minutes, stirring consistently. Add the chopped red bell pepper and continue to sauté until the pepper is fragrant and the onion begins turning brown, another 5 minutes or so.
- Add the chopped zucchini, yellow squash, rosemary, parsley and paprika. Sauté 2 more minutes. Add the cannellini beans, diced tomatoes, and chicken broth. Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat to medium low and cook until zucchini is soft but not falling apart, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Taste soup and add salt and ground black pepper to taste. Serve with rustic, delicious bread and/or a hearty chicken dish!